Getting Started with Aqua Platform
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Welcome to Aqua Platform
- Aqua Platform Editions
- Identifying your edition
- SaaS Edition
- Enterprise Self-Hosted Edition
- Documentation and other information
Welcome to Aqua Platform
Thank you and congratulations on selecting Aqua Platform to secure your cloud-native applications, from development through production! This introduction:
- Provides a high-level description of Aqua Platform solution offerings
- Shows you how to identify the Aqua Platform edition, plan, and products you are using
- Directs you to relevant sources of information for getting started, using the full capabilities of your products, and troubleshooting problems you may encounter
Aqua Platform Editions
Aqua Platform is available in two Editions.
Aqua Security deploys and maintains these core components of the Aqua Platform: Server, Gateway(s), and Database. You can deploy Enforcers and Scanners per your requirements for securing application builds, infrastructure, and workloads.
See Aqua Platform Plans & Pricing for further information.
Enterprise Self-Hosted (on-prem)
This comprehensive cloud-native security platform is deployed and maintained by you in your own environment. This edition is also referred to as "on-premises" or simply "on-prem".
Identifying your edition
Use your web browser to access Aqua Platform, per the instructions provided by Aqua Security.
▶ If you login to https://cloud.aquasec.com/signin, your login screen will look like the screenshot immediately below; you will be using one of the SaaS plans. For further information, see SaaS Edition below.
▶ If your login screen looks like the next screenshot (or similarly, if sign-on has been configured for SSO) you are using Enterprise Self-Hosted. For further information, see Enterprise Self-Hosted Edition below.
Previously, Aqua Platform SaaS accounts were provisioned with one of three plans: Team, Advanced, or Enterprise. Each plan offered a different combination of security-related functionality and/or monthly capacity limits (calculated as Aqua units):
- Team: Includes both CSPM and container image scanning. This plan is intended for use by small-scale teams.
- Advanced: Includes the same functionality as the Team plan, with higher capacity limits. This plan also supports SSO/SAML login. It is intended for use by large-scale teams.
- Enterprise: Provides the most complete security for cloud-native applications. The Enterprise plan secures your:
- Build (e.g., containerized application images and serverless functions)
- Infrastructure (e.g., cloud accounts, workload configurations, and VMs)
- Workloads (e.g., running containers and serverless functions)
The Enterprise plan is suitable for enterprise-scale, multiple-team environments. The number of Aqua units can be customized to meet your organization's requirements.
Identifying your SaaS plan
After logging in to Aqua Platform SaaS Edition, you will see the main dashboard. (If you have not initialized your account, you will see a screen titled "Welcome to Aqua Security", which will assist you in performing your first cloud-native integration.)
The upper right of the screen includes a "person" icon. Clicking it will display your login email address:
Click your email address to see the Plans & Billing screen, which shows your current SaaS plan and utilization of Aqua units. This example shows Aqua unit utilization for the Enterprise plan:
Functionality in the SaaS Edition is logically grouped into modules. The table below shows which modules are available (either by default or by specific license) in each SaaS plan. Notes:
- The functionality provided by the Aqua Hub and Account Management modules depends on your plan.
- The Workload Protection module (provided with the Enterprise plan only) includes all functionality of the Image Scanning module (available with the Team and Advanced plans).
Mega menu and modules
You can select the module you want to work with at any time by using the **mega menu** of the UI. To display the mega menu:
Click the grid in the upper left corner of the screen.
The mega menu for the Team and Advanced plans looks like this; modules you have not purchased may not appear, or may appear greyed-out:
The mega menu for the Enterprise plan looks like this; modules you have not purchased may not appear, or may appear greyed-out:
Enterprise Self-Hosted Edition
As described above, Enterprise Self-Hosted Edition is a comprehensive cloud-native security platform. It is deployed and maintained by you in your own environment. This edition is also referred to as "on-premises" or simply "on-prem".
The functionality provided depends on the products you have obtained; see Enterprise add-on products above. A complete set of products provides the same functionality (with minor differences) as the Aqua SaaS Edition Workload Protection module (see above).
Unlike the SaaS Edition, Enterprise Self-Hosted Edition deployments are identified by a major version and update number (e.g., 2022.4 Update 7 or 6.5 Update 26) as well as a precise identifier (e.g., 2022.4.310 or 6.5.22307) which includes the major version and the Julian date of the product build. The version identification of your deployment is shown in the UI under Settings > Licenses. For example:
Documentation and other information
Aqua Platform Documentation Portal
In your browser, go to https://docs.aquasec.com/.
Use the drop-down version selector in the upper left of the screen to choose one of these:
- SaaS if you are using Aqua Platform SaaS Edition
- Version x.y if you are using Aqua Platform Self-Hosted Edition; select the major version as your deployment.
Once chosen, you can select one of the tiles presented to see the documentation of interest.
Aqua Enterprise knowledge base
This knowledge base contains supplementary information, including troubleshooting procedures, pertaining to the use of Aqua's Enterprise offerings (both the SaaS Enterprise plan and the Self-Hosted Edition). Access to this knowledge base requires an Enterprise product license.
In your browser, you can do either of the following:
- Go to the Aqua Support Portal and click the Aqua Enterprise Knowledge Base tile
- Go directly to the Aqua Enterprise Knowledge Base
Most UI screens of Aqua Platform SaaS Edition show a Get Help icon in the lower right corner. Clicking it will display a window that includes links to documentation topics related to the screen you are viewing. In addition, you can select Contact Support to open a support ticket.
Aqua Security website
For information on Aqua Security and our solution offerings, please visit https://www.aquasec.com/.
Aqua Success Portal
The Aqua Success Portal provides access to a wealth of resources related to product usage, education, and support. Please visit https://success.aquasec.com/.
Aqua Security GitHub site
The Aqua Security GitHub site contains many repositories related to our open-source projects, product deployments, code samples, and more. Our product documentation and knowledge base contain many links to specific repositories on this site. Please visit https://github.com/aquasecurity.
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback