TABLE OF CONTENTS
AWS China Account Connection Overview
Before Aqua CSPM can produce any security scan results, you must connect a cloud account. For AWS China, this is done through the use of a secure IAM user. To fully connect the account, you must complete steps in both your AWS China account, as well as in your Aqua CSPM account.
Step 1: Select CSPM from the mega menu. Navigate to the Cloud Accounts page. Click Connect Account on the top right.
Step 2: Choose AWS under Account Type and Manual Setup under Method.
Step 3: Follow the steps below to manually connect your AWS account:
- Log into your AWS account and navigate to the IAM console. Note: The domain for AWS China Regions is www.amazonaws.cn.
- Click Add Users.
- Create a new IAM user with any user name (preferably "Aqua").
- Check Programmatic Access in Access type and click Next: Permissions.
- Select Attach existing policies directly and check the box next to the SecurityAudit policy in the policy type table. Click Next: Tags.
- Click Next: Review and then click Create user.
- Once the user is successfully created, copy the Access key ID and secret access key (click show to display the secret key value).
- Paste the copied values (Access key ID and Secret access key) in the Aqua connection wizard.