TABLE OF CONTENTS
A role is a combination of one permission set and one or more application scopes. A user can have single or multiple roles. A role can be added, modified, or deleted.
A permission set specifies a set of Aqua operations that can be performed by users with the associated role(s). To know more about permission sets, see Permission Sets.
An application scope specifies a set of system resources that can be accessed (viewed or edited) by users with the associated role(s). To know more about Application Scopes, see Application Scopes.
Add a role
1. In the Aqua UI, navigate to Account Management > User Management > Roles.
3. Enter the Role Name, and (optionally) a Description for the role.
4. Permission Set: From the drop-down menu, select the permission set to be associated with the role.
5. Application Scopes: From the drop-down menu, select one or more application scopes to be associated with the role.
6. Click Save.
Role management (Roles screen)
Modify a role
You can change all attributes of a role except for its name.
1. Click the name of the role you want to modify.
2. In the pop-up window, modify the description, permission set, or application scope(s) for the role, in the same manner as when you created the role.
3. Click Save.
You can delete any roles that have no users assigned to them. Select the role(s) you wish to delete using the checkboxes on the left side of the Roles screen, click Delete, and confirm the prompt to proceed.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback