Export and Import Aqua Assets
TABLE OF CONTENTS
This topic explains export and import your Aqua assets such as Server configuration settings and other data from one Aqua platform to another through the JSON file. This is useful for backup purposes or to enable easy copying of the settings when setting up a new instance of the server for a different environment. To export or import Aqua assets, you should navigate to Settings > Export/Import. You can see two options: Export and Import as shown below.
Export Aqua assets
To export Aqua assets:
- Click Export. Export Settings window appears.
- Select the required Aqua assets that you want to export to JSON file. List of Aqua Assets and configurations are shown in the following short video.
- Click Confirm. Export Settings dialog appears with the Use Aqua default encryption key checkbox enabled.
- If you want to use default encryption key from one Aqua platform to another, keep the Use Aqua default encryption key checkbox enabled.
- If you want to use your own custom encryption key, disable Use Aqua default encryption key and enter a 32-character key.
- Click Done. The selected Aqua assets are downloaded to your machine through the JSON file. You can change the default file name of "aqua_settings.json" and it can be used on another Aqua platform to import the selected Aqua assets.
Note: When you export images from the Settings > Export/Import page, only the image name is included. To ensure that all the image information (metadata, history, packages) is exported, use the Export icon on the Images page. This will produce a JSON file that includes the associated image information. For more information, refer to Export images.
Import Aqua assets
To import Aqua assets:
- Click Import. Import Aqua Settings dialog appears.
- Click Select File and browse the JSON file having Aqua assets that you want to import.
- If the JSON file was not encrypted using the default encryption key, disable the Use Aqua default encryption key checkbox and specify the 32-character key that was used while exporting Aqua assets from another Aqua platform.
- Click Upload.
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.