The CSPM dashboard is a single pane of glass that summarizes the status of your cloud accounts, container registries, and their security risks. Additionally, it also summarizes the Aqua users and the Aqua plan by account.
The dashboard is composed of widgets; each widget presents a different kind of asset-related information. It is easy to configure the dashboard by adding widgets from the widget gallery and optionally changing their spatial position on the dashboard. You can delete widgets or restore the dashboard to its default configuration.
Each Aqua user can configure their own dashboard. Although each user has a single dashboard, you can create different configurations and save them to individual JSON files. You can easily reconfigure the dashboard from any of these files (or send the files to other users to share your configuration).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Default Configuration
When Aqua is newly deployed, each user will see the default configuration of the dashboard (layout of specific widgets), as shown here:
Filter by Group
The Aqua dashboard can be filtered by group(s) and the widgets changes accordingly. To do this, select the All Groups drop-down and select one or more groups from the list. For example, MS Demo Group is selected in the screenshot below.
Return to the legacy dashboard link takes you to the old Aqua dashboard. To return, click Try our new dashboard!
Each widget presents numeric and/or graphical data, pertaining to any of a wide variety of statistics. For example, the number of enabled and disabled cloud accounts.
Each widget has a drill-down link that allows you to view more information. For example, clicking the Cloud accounts link takes you to the Cloud Accounts page that displays complete details about your connected cloud accounts.
Refresh data (dashboard or widget)
After a recent deployment, many or all widgets will show zero or small amounts of numeric and/or graphical data.
- To refresh the data of all widgets, click on the refresh icon in the upper right of the screen.
- To refresh the data of a single widget, hover over its upper right corner. A smaller refresh icon will appear; click on it.
Each widget shows the timestamp of its last update.
Configure the Dashboard
Add a widget to the dashboard
The widget gallery contains many widgets that you can add to your dashboard by following these steps:
- Click + Add Widget in the upper right of the screen.
- In the Widget Gallery pop-up menu, select an Asset category (Cloud Accounts, Images, or Platform).
- From the right-hand scrollable list, hover over one of the widgets; it will be highlighted.
- Click the plus sign to add the widget to the desktop. You can add more than one widgets this way.
- Click DONE when you have finished adding widgets to the dashboard.
If you add the same widget more than once, it will appear on the dashboard more than once.
Reposition a widget on the dashboard
- Hover over the widget, and move the cursor until the browser's drag icon appears.
- Drag the widget, reposition it where needed, and release the mouse button.
Remove a widget from the dashboard
- Hover over the upper right corner of the widget.
- Click the x that appears.
- In the prompt window, click Remove to remove the widget from the dashboard.
First, click the three horizontal dots in the upper right of the screen. The menu appears with additional options as shown in the screenshot below:
Reset to default
This resets the dashboard to the default configuration (widgets and layout). This option is available only if you have changed the default configuration.
- Click Reset to default.
- Confirm the action when prompted.
Clear all widgets
This removes all widgets from the dashboard, leaving a blank surface.
- Click Clear all widgets.
- Confirm the action when prompted.
Download JSON template
This saves the dashboard configuration in a JSON file and places it in your normal download location.
- Click Download JSON template.
- Confirm the action if prompted by the browser.
Upload JSON template
This sets your dashboard to the configuration saved in a JSON file previously downloaded.
- Click Upload JSON template.
- Click Continue in the prompt window to accept the existing dashboard to be overridden.
- Confirm the action when prompted. You will see this pop-up:
- Click Upload to upload the JSON file.
This allows you to view all the widgets on full screen.
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback